Thursday, July 3, 2008

Introductions

Our team members and a short bio about each:

AIMEE HEDRICK:
I am really looking forward to this opportunity to work with the team going to Rwanda, as well as the believers there. It’s exciting to work together as the Body of Christ in a global way. I hope to continue this kind of partnership as I pursue career missions with New Tribes Mission in Papua New Guinea.

BOB GENTILI:
Who--Bob Gentili, member of Valley since ' 94, What do-- currently a member of the worship team, Why I want to go to Rwanda--I want to support missionaries from Valley and apply Matthew 28:18-20 to my life. Thank you Valley Church for your support on past trips and your support on this one.

GARY RODGERS
Gary hasn't given us a bio yet, maybe I should just make something up...

JEREMY WHITE

JESSICA MILLIGAN:
My name is Jessica Milligan. Im 18 and just finished my first year of college. I will be transferring to George Fox University in Oregon this fall to pursue a career in nursing. I feel God has called me to that field to meet the physical as well as spiritual needs of people. I will be serving on the medical team in Rwanda and I am excited to see how God will use me on this trip and if His will permits it, open doors for future medical missions in my future as a nurse.

JOHN ROSTEN:
I'm John Rosten, and I've been a part of Valley Church for 28 years. I really enjoy being a part of missions ministry, especially through providing eyecare and donated glasses to those in need. Combining evangelism, church planting, and eyecare minstry has been a personal passion. I'm excited to be a part of the Rwanda team, and look forward to seeing God at work as we reach out to others in His Name.

JULES HAYS:
I am a professional photographer. I graduated two years ago from Biola University where I developed a heart for social justice and a love of travel. I am going to Rwanda to document the work done by the team. My prayer is that God might use my art to tell the story of the places where Valley Church has a ministry.

KAT BITTLE

KATIE FRIEDRICH:
My name is Katie Friederich and I just finished my first year of medical school at Loma Linda University, in southern California. I hope to one day become a pediatrician in a yet to be determined sub-specialty.
I am 23 and the second of four children. I have attended Valley Church since my family moved to CA in 1990. While I have found a wonderful church to attend by my school, I still love Valley and enjoy coming back to the church I called home for so many years.
I have been on several missions trips in the past and absolutely loved the experiences. Meeting believers from different countries, who speak different languages and have different cultural practices really serves to remind me of the diversity of the body of Christ. What is more, I am always encouraged by the common faith in our Lord and Savior shared by myself and those I am working alongside. How exciting to think that Christ's kingdom expands around the world! And how exciting to be able to share the truth of Christ's message with people who may have never heard it before!
I have been looking for an opportunity to travel to Rwanda since my sophomore year of undergrad. When my dad called to tell me Valley was traveling there this summer I knew I had to go! I am very excited to see how God will use me and the rest of the team. I hope to be able to share the love of Christ and the joy I have found in Him with the people we will be working with. Thank you so much for your prayers and support. I look forward to sharing my experiences with you when we return!


MARIE HEILMAN
MARK NELSON

MATT BARR


MICHELLE WRIGHT

STEVE TREASURE

TRISTAN NORRIS

Also attending, but has not yet given us a photo:
Leonard Schilling

No comments: